A lot of people these days have dark circles under their eyes. Dark circles can develop at an early age, although it is more common among older people. Irrespective of age, men and women alike usually feel they don’t look their best when they have “bags” under their eyes.
It is often a hereditary condition. Also, dark circles tend to worsen with age as the skin thins and loses subcutaneous fat, which in turn exposes the blood vessels lying beneath the skin.
But many other factors can be at fault, such as excessive smoking, inadequate sleep, improper diet, excessive drinking, pollution and allergies.
Hormonal imbalances during pregnancy, menstruation or menopause can also cause dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem to consider and worry about but it affects your appearance and gives people impact of tiredness, unhealthy and older.
Now many cosmetic products are designed for the resolution of this problem, but they are artificially prepared and include chemicals that can harm your delicate skin, and are expensive too.
So why to spend money in these products which does not even guarantees results? So home remedies for removal of dark circles under the eyes must be beneficial and natural way to nourish your skin, and natural remedies must give effective and satisfied results.
Cucumbers have cooling as well as astringent properties and hence they are widely used to treat dark circles. They can lighten the color of the skin, increase blood flow and reduce puffiness.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator. Place a cool cucumber slice over each eye for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash the area with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for at least a week to notice changes.
- Grate a small cucumber, extract the juice and refrigerate it for a few minutes. Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it under the eyes. Allow the skin to absorb the juice for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for a week.
- Another way to treat dark circles is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal quantities, then apply it on the skin near the eyes using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this once daily for eight to 10 days.
- Potatoes have natural bleaching property which helps in lightening dark circles. They also aids to get rid of puffiness around the eyes. The procedure you must follow is that:
- Chill two potatoes in fridge for an hour and then peel and grate them to extract the juice, then dip cotton ball in it and apply it around your eyes before going to sleep and leave it overnight. In the morning wash it off with warm water and follow this procedure of home remedy to remove dark circles for at least a week.
- If you find the process of extracting potato juice difficult then take two thick slices of chilled potato and place them on each of your eye or dark circles for 30 minutes, then wash the area with lukewarm water and repeat the process for at least a week for positive results.
- You can also mix equal amount of potato juice and cucumber juice and chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer. They apply on your dark circles with cotton ball and leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with normal water and repeat this regularly, until you notice the change.
3. Green Tea Bags
Rich in antioxidants and tannins, green tea bags can help lighten dark circles. The tannins in tea also reduce swelling and puffiness.
- Boil two green tea bags in one-half cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and cool them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Put the cold tea bags over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for at least 10 days to get positive results.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has the gentle ingredient with tremendous skin enhancing benefits which aids you in lightening your dark eye circles.
It is a rich source of antioxidants as well as it assists in strengthening your skin cells with regeneration of skin tissues and rejuvenates your skin around the eyes.
For using rose water, dip clean cotton balls in rose water and expand it a little and keep on your eyes, leave them for 15 minutes and then remove the cotton balls and wash your face with lukewarm water.
Do this every morning and evening for two weeks.
5. Almond Oil
Almond oil is also very effective in lightening the skin color around the eyes. Being rich in nourishing vitamins and minerals, almond oil can replenish and rejuvenate the delicate skin and keep it moisturized.
- Lightly massage five or six drops of almond oil into the delicate skin under the eyes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash it off with cold water the next morning. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear almost entirely.
- Alternatively, mix five or six drops of almond oil with one tablespoon of raw honey. Apply it carefully on the skin under the eyes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and then wash with lukewarm water the next morning. Repeat daily until you get the desired results.
Milk is comprised of lactic acid which aids in softening and moisturizing of skin under your eyes.
Milk also contains proteins, amino acids, enzymes and antioxidants which are required for the strengthening of your skin and heal damaged skin.
Milk can be used for the treatment of dark circles as a cold compress and for the reduction of eye puffiness. Milk can be used in the following way for removal of dark circles:
Refrigerate milk for at least an hour and then soak cotton balls in cold milk, then keep the cotton balls under each of your eye and leave them until they become warm. Follow these steps three to four times daily for fewer weeks for best results.
7. Tomato Paste
Tomatoes are great skin lightening agents with certain properties which helps to clear you dark circles around your eyes.
It could be used in different ways as follows:
- Take tomato juice of about one tea spoon and mix it with lemon juice of about one tea spoon, then apply the mixture smoothly on an affected area and keep it on for 10 minutes atleast or until it dries up. Then rinse off with cold water and repeat this twice daily until you notice change and get desired results.
- You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with mint leaves, with a pinch of salt and lemon juice of about one table spoon. Mix it and drink the nourishing drink. This will work internally for your dark circles proving your full nourishment. Donot store it, drink it as soon as you make it daily for best results.
8. Lemon Juice
Similarly as potatoes, lemon juice also holds bleaching properties, and vitamin C in it aids you in removal of your dark circles. Lemon juice can be used in multiple ways by making a mixture or individually as well.
- Dip clean cotton balls in fresh lemon juice and place under your eyes and leave them for 15 minutes then wash it off and follow this remedy until you get satisfying results.
- Another way is to make a paste and apply on affected area. The pate would include 1 table spoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and gram flour and 2 table spoons of tomato puree, mix it well and apply smoothly then rinse off after 15 minutes and follow this remedy two to three times a week to regain your skin tone, this will make your dark circles vanish in few weeks.
- Take tea spoon of turmeric paste, orange lentil flour and tomato puree with adding few drops of lemon juice in it mix it well and apply this thick paste on your dark circles and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with normal water.
9. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves having the cooling properties enable you to relax and cool down your skin and eyes. Apart from reduction of dark circles, this is a natural remedy for soothing and refreshing your eyes, directly improving the eye health.
- Take five to six fresh mint leaves and crush them and apply the paste under your eyes and leave for 10 minutes, wipe it off with a cold cloth.
- You can also add mint leaves paste to tomato juice and apply this paste on affected area and leave it on for about 5 to 7 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Repeat these remedies until you get desired results.
There are many other natural remedies that you can easily try at home for removal of dark circles by using apple, turmeric, chamomile tea bags, coconut oil, fenugreek seeds and etc. other than mentioned above.
These items are realy cheap and easily available commodities that are usually present in every house. Therefore, now dont worry for your dark circles.