Eyes are one of the most precious organ through which you can see the beauty of the world. It’s one of our senses too, the sense of sight, so we should take care of this blessing which cannot be replaced by anything in the world.
In the recent era we just take it as a God gifted commodity and does not realizes its true value, so we must take care of them through our proper diet and activities which won’t harm our eyes in any way.
Reasons of Poor or Bad Vision
The causes of eye problems are because of something lacking in body mind system of your body. This is delicate mechanism that needs to be balanced. Over straining your eyes make their condition worse with time.
Your eyes also need to relax and blink with time; they also become stressed if fixated at one point for a long time like other body parts.
This stress build up in eyes leads to major problems, that with time it loses its clarity at either long or close distances and deteriorates your vision.
Common Eye Sight Problems
- Refractive errors
- Short sightedness or myopia
- Long sightedness or hyperopia
- Macular degeneration
- Conjunctive or pink eye
- Diabetic neuropathy
Some Natural Ways to Improve your Vision Problems
There are some natural remedies discussed below which can enhance your eye sight without any treatment or surgery:
Treat Your Eyes Right with Right Diet
As it is important to eat right for your good health and proper body functioning, similarly if you have your eye sight problem, or it comes through heredity even, there are ways to improve your eyesight.
You must have healthy balanced diet comprising of many fruits and vegetables that prevent them from deteriorating. It is also essential to take right amount of vitamins required for your eye health.
Vitamins and minerals that are important for your vision are vitamin A, C and E. Antioxidants such as carrots are great for your eyes as it provides great source of nutrients.
If your diet is not sufficient for your body, then you must take supplements or multivitamins for improving your vision, with doctor’s recommendation.
Take Proper Rest to your Eyes during your Working Hours
For supporting your eye health you must take proper sleep and take proper breaks to relax your mind from your hectic schedule.
If you have to work continuously on computer, you should take proper breaks to give rest to your eyes.
Simply close your eyes for a minute or get up and had a little round at your work place.
Secondly eight hours sleep at night is really important for your eye health.
Perform Eye Exercises Daily for Good Eye Health
One of the best and fastest ways to improve your eye sight naturally is to do eye exercises daily. Exercises are for strengthening your eyes and improving your vision. Your daily exercise might eliminate the need of contact lenses and glasses.
- First exercise is to apply heat to your eyes by rubbing your palms then placing them over your eyes. Hold your eyes for 5 to 10 seconds and then repeat two three times daily.
- Second exercise is by rolling your eyes. This is done by keeping your neck straight and just by moving your eyes look upwards as far as you can see then downwards, do this ten times. Then look sideways for ten times and then diagonally for ten times and stay at one direction for 5 seconds, if you feel straining your eyes then stop if it hurts. Finally roll your eyes clockwise 10 times and anti-clockwise for ten times.
- Third exercise is of focusing. It done by grabbing a pen at your eye level at an arm’s length and move it closer to your eyes until six inches left between your pen an face, you must focus the tip of pen while its moving closer and far at arm’s length again. Do this slowly for about 10 times.
- Then finally give massage to your eyes after exercising, first massage your temples with your finger tips or one of your knuckles. Move in clockwise motion several times, and then repeat the same procedure with anti-clockwise motion. Then massage on your eyebrows and under your eyes as well.
- After exercising and massaging apply heat by rubbing your palms together one more time to relax your eyes. If your eyes are tired then close them for some time and rest. Resting your eyes frequently preserves your eye health.
Ways of Relaxing Your Eyes
It is discovered that most of the eye problems occurred were not due to any physical eye damage, but because of increased strain on your eye muscles.
By relaxing your eyes strain, it is possible to restore perfect vision.
Here are some eye relaxation techniques which could be used to improve your vision:
- Palming: it is done by cupping your eyes with your palms, in order to block light, do not press your eyes, but keep your eyes covered for 10 minutes and relax your eyes in completedarkness.
- Swinging: it is done by swaying your body from side to side in standing position and focusing on a distant object, your eyes must blink normally during the process, this relaxes your eyes and reduces rigidity, and about 100 swings a day are enough.
- Sunning: this is done through closing your eyes completely and raising your head towards the sun, and move your head in either directions, breathe deeply and slowly. After sunning, relax your eyes by palming for couple of minutes, sunning should be only done in the morning or in the evening time, not at afternoon when the sun is harshest. This remedy helps in reducing sensitivity to light as well as enhance sharpness of your eyes.
Foods to Improve Eye Sight Naturally
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Fish and shell fish
- Citrus fruits
- Berries and grapes
- Bell peppers
Vitamins Required for Improving Vision
- Beta carotene
- Vitamin A
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
Herbs to Improve Your Vision:
- Cassia seed
- Ginkgo seed
- Grape seed extract
- Turmeric / Curcumin
- Chinese herbs
Tips of Improving Vision Naturally
- Take healthy diet for good vision
- Quit smoking for better eye sight
- Stop staring for a long period of time
- Get your eye sight checked regularly
- Detox your liver
- Manage your stress
- Drink plenty of water
- Smile to improve you vision problems
- Exercise your eyes daily
- Blink your eyes at proper proportions to avoid over straining and stressing
Researches have shown that eye sight disorders like near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism are initiated by environmental and lifestyle factors, they are not completely because of inheritance or heredity.
This can be improved or minimized by doing proper vision exercises, certain lifestyle changes, and relaxation.
Not every vision disorder can be addressed naturally, some of the serious problems need to be medically treated such as widespread age related eye illnesses, macular degeneration, presbyopia, cataracts and etc., and they could be prevented through some basic nutritional changes in your diet.
Verily improvement of your eye sight through natural remedies is not just a myth, but it actually does works, and it’s an authentic and feasible alternative for healthy vision.